Source – http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/12/17/are-the-websites-youre-using-tracking-what-you-type/
- Backspacing, the select all/delete, hitting cancel or whatever it takes to avoid telling the world whatever it was that you typed may have been logged.
- Self-Censorship on Facebook (PDF), that describes a study conducted by two Facebook researchers said they used code they had embedded in the web pages to determine if anything had been typed into the forms in which we compose status updates or comment on people’s posts.
- If the content wasn’t shared within 10 minutes, it was marked as self-censored.
- Acording to Facebook: “the things you explicitly choose not to share aren’t entirely private.”
- Facebook spent 17 days tracking abandoned posts in a manner that some might find discomforting and readers are reminded that the internet allows website owners to be far, far more invasive.